CENTRAL LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS
The following rules and regulations are to be followed by the members (bonafide students, faculty members and Staff) of the College:
- No student is allowed to enter the library without his/her own identity card.
- The users must keep their personal belongings at the property counter including issued books, personal books etc.
- A user can take help of library staff for search of Books. The users are entitled to use reading room for self study from the books/ journals/ magazines available in the library;
- Use of speaker phone/head phone is not allowed in the library.
- Use of mobile phones inside the library is strictly prohibited. Users are required to keep their mobile phones switched off;
- Spitting, smoking, drinking, eating or chewing of tobacco, sleeping, loitering, gossiping inside the library is strictly forbidden. Appropriate action will be taken for breaking of rules;
- The library allows direct access to bookshelf. However, the users should not disturb the arrangement of books. They may leave any book taken out by them and keep it at issue counter so that it can be properly restored on the shelf by the library staff.
- Users assume the obligation of keeping the library materials in good condition. Materials damaged, defaced or lost must have to be replaced by a fresh copy.
- Disfiguration, damage or marking of any kind on any book or any other material belonging to the library is punishable with fine;
- Mutual conversation inside the library is not allowed. Similarly, an unruly behaviour is not allowed in the library. This is of utmost importance to allow each member to have a calm environment within the library;
- Suggestions for desirable help or improvement of facilities in the library can be submitted, preferably in written form, to the Librarian;
- Readers should be courteous to the librarian, library staff and fellow students;
- Library cards are not transferable;
- All the users may please get the books checked while making an exit from the library;
- If in any case the authority feels a student/user is disturbing other users, he/she may be disallowed entry into the library; and
- Admission to the library may be refused to anyone who violates the Library Rules and Regulations.
The library remains open all working days of the college. The timings of the library are:
Monday to Friday : 10.30 A.M. to 5.30 P.M. Lending 11.00 A.M. to 4.00 P.M.
Saturday : 10.30 A.M. to 2.00 P.M. Lending 11.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M