Netaji Nagar Day College:
The trifurcation of Netaji Nagar College in 1986 gave birth to Netaji Nagar Day College . It is a Government aided college affiliated To the University of Calcutta. Netaji Nagar Day College has been accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council ( NAAC) with B++grade in 2017 in second cycle accreditation. The college aspires to be a leading college in Kolkata, providing a well resourced, strongly academic, holistic education to students in such a way that will create an environment-
“Where the mind is without fear , the head is held high, and knowledge is free”
Netaji Nagar Day College considers values and ethics to be the basic edifice for the proper functioning of the institution and attainment of its objectives.
Netaji Nagar Day College has formulated Code of Conduct to improve holistic development of students, teachers and all the stakeholders by creating an effective environment. The purpose of this code of conduct is to make the students, teachers, College Departments, Non teaching staffs familiar about the rules and regulations of the college and to progress towards the achievement of the mission and vision of the institution.
Code of Conduct for Governing Body
The governing body of the college is the apex body invested with the responsibility of ensuring the effective management of the institution and for planning its future development. The functioning is guided by the following:
- Approval of the mission and strategic vision of the institution, long-term academic plans to meet the interests of stakeholders
- Monitoring institutional performance and quality assurance arrangements
- Ensuring compliance with the statutes, ordinances and provisions regulating their institution, including regulations by Statutory bodies, such as UGC, as well as regulations laid out by the State government and affiliating university.
- Ensuring equal opportunity for all stakeholders
- Ensuring a transparent and smooth functioning of all aspects of the college
Code of Conduct for the Principal
- Maintaining and promoting academic activities in the College
- Creating and maintaining an unbiased gender-free atmosphere
- Generating and maintaining required alertness among all the stakeholder of the College so that the chances of incidents of sexual harassment get ever minimized and ultimately eradicated
- Initiating and propagate the spirit of welfare within all the sections of human resources attached directly or indirectly with the College and hence to build mutual confidence amongst them.
- Ensuring a democratic and transparent functioning of various bodies within the college
Code of Conduct for Teachers
The College considers the Code of Ethics recommended by the UGC as a guideline in framing its code for the teachers keeping in view the specific conditions of the institution.
- Concern, Commitment and dedication to educating each student and taking care of specific needs and helping the student/s beyond class hours without accepting any remuneration.
- Developing an educational environment with no discrimination on the basis of caste, creed, religion, gender or socio-economic status
- Inspiring students to generate more interest and developing a sense of inquiry in the pursuit of knowledge.
- Instilling a scientific and democratic outlook among his students, making them community oriented, patriotic and broad minded.
Professional Development and Practices
- Continuously updating and upgradation of the self and the student community
- Pursuit of research and participation in seminars and workshops for professional development.
- Developing new teaching strategies and curriculum as well as planning for an upgraded academic system.
- Carrying out the Institution’s educational, extra-curricular responsibilities such as conducting admissions, college seminars and sports, extension activities and cultural programmes respectively.
- Mutual respect and cooperation among colleagues, assisting them and sharing the responsibilities in a collaborative manner and also towards non-teaching staff
- Refraining from lodging unsubstantiated allegations against their colleagues in order to satisfy vested interests.
- Maintaining regular interactions with the guardians of the students
Code of Conduct for Non-Teaching Staff
Non-teaching staff are a crucial part of college functioning and needs to be actively involved in decision making process.The non-teaching staff of the college is required to adhere to the following codes of conduct and ethical behaviour for the benefit of all stakeholders.
The non-teaching staff should:
- Perform their assigned duties with sincerity, honesty and integrity.
- Deal with the students with politeness, patience and sympathy, and help them in all matters relating to examination, admission, scholarship disbursement, etc.
- Be punctual to ensure the smooth functioning of all college activities.
- Properly use and maintain college infrastructure.
- Respect the confidentiality of matters related to examinations and official records of staff members. Treat other non-teaching colleagues, teaching staff and students with respect and goodwill, thereby creating an ambience conducive to the overall growth of the institution.
- Behave politely towards the guardians of students and co-operate with them in all official work.
- Avail of leave with prior intimation to the College Authority as far as possible.
- Refrain from undertaking any other job within college working hours or engaging in any trade or business within the college premises.
- Respect decisions made by the college authorities and settle disputes through peaceful means.
- Refrain from hampering the functioning of the college by engaging in political or non-secular activities.
- Refrain from the use of tobaco,drugs or alcohol during college hours.
- Refrain from showing discrimination on the basis of gender, caste or religion.
Code of Conduct for Students
The Principal invites the co-operation of the students and their guardians in the creation and the maintenance of an atmosphere conducive to academic and cultural development, and in upholding the traditions of the institution. Students are especially invited to cooperate, in their own interest to ensure enforcement of rules regarding discipline.
- Students must be punctual and regular in attending classes, tutorials, class tests examinations etc. Failure to obtain the required attendance percentage, non-submission of assignments and unjustified absence from tests /examinations will be treated as breaching the code of conduct.
- Student must be seated in their classrooms at the beginning of each period. They must not enter or leave the class room without permission of the lecturer.
- Impersonation during roll call is a punishable offence.
- Use of Mobile Phone during class hours is prohibited and is liable for punishment.
- Resorting to any kind of malpractice (copying, impersonation, use of unfair means, exchanging answer-sheets) during examinations will not be tolerated and will be dealt with severely.
- Students should carefully follow the Notices put up on the Notice Board (both online and offline). No excuse will be considered if Notices on the Board are ignored.
- When a lecturer is absent or is unable to take class, students should maintain a strict order among themselves so as to not disturb the adjoining classes. Under no circumstances should they leave the classroom without ascertaining the relieve orders from the Staff room.
- Students are expected to treat the members of the staff both teaching and non teaching and their fellow students with courtesy both in and outside the College. Students shall not, by their act or conduct, cause damage to the reputation of the institution.
- Students are expected to come to College dressed suitably maintaining decency.
- Students must wear and display visibly their Identity Cards at the gate while entering the College and always keep it on your person during College hours inside the campus.
- Students are not allowed to loiter or stand about the verandas or corridors of the College during class hours.
- When assembled every class must consider itself responsible for the conduct of its members.
- Students are forbidden from inviting friends from other institutions and outsiders to the College.
- No posters are to be pasted or fixed with cellotape anywhere on the College walls. Any writing, scribbling on the walls will attract disciplinary measures against the student.
- Smoking, chewing and spitting tobacco products or pan masala, consumption of alcohol or narcotic drugs is strictly prohibited inside the college premises. Violation of this rule will invite disciplinary action. The college premises is a smoking free zone, respect it.
- Students must refrain from mishandling and tampering with library books or college computer systems.
- The right to access Girl’s Common Room is reserved to girls.
- A student shall not commit or cause breach of peace inside and around the College campus.
- Students are prohibited from indulging in games, even in small groups, anywhere in the College premises during lecture hours.
- Students must conserve electricity and They must switch off lights & fans when they leave the class room, study room of library & computer lab.
- Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited. Disciplinary action will be taken against those who violate this rule. It is mandatory for all students and guardians to sign an affidavit in the pro forma prescribed by the University of Calcutta related to ragging.
Any damage or defacement of college property is a punishable offence. If a college property is found damaged in a classroom while the class is assembled the loss may be recovered by a fee imposing upon the whole class if the students responsible for such damage cannot be detected.
Habitual misconduct/repeated breach of the College Rules & Regulation will be considered as a grave offence and will result in suspension/expulsion of the student with immediate action.
Code of conduct of the college library
- Every staff / student of the college is eligible for membership of the Library
- Silence must be observed in the
- Personal belongings are not allowed inside the
- Misbehavior in the library/in study room will lead to cancellation of admission/Membership and serious disciplinary action will be taken against the concerning student/s.
- All students should sign the entry register of the Library, before entering
- Students must handle the book/s very
- All students should note that, T. Cards are not transferable.
- If a book is lost by the student, he/she shall replace the book (same title, author and edition) or shall pay the same cost of the book as
- Every student must satisfy themselves as to whether the books which they intend to borrow are in good condition or not, before leaving the issue counter, otherwise the student will be responsible for any loss or non return of books issued him/her.
- Members/students are not permitted to underline, write in, folding / tearing of pages or defaced books in any way whatsoever.
- The borrowed book should be returned on or before due date, If not, overdue charge will be
- If the due date falls on holidays, return can be done on the following working day without